Saturday, April 15, 2017, 12:00 PM
Below are items to add to your Easter basket what they symbolize.
- Eggs - brightly decorated hard boiled eggs are a symbol of new life, the life Jesus gave by rising from the dead. Bread - a sweet yeast bread that golden brown with a braid around the outer edge. This symbolizes the crown of thorns.
- Salt - is used to preserve food just as Jesus preserves us to eternal life.
- Horseradish - mixed with ground beets reminds us of bitter life would be without Jesus and of His bitter sweet sacrifice.
- Kielbasa or Ham - Meat after fasting symbolized the great joy of Easter and is a sign of abundance. Lamb can also be used as well as sausage and bacon.
- Cheese - bland tasting cheese is indicative of moderation that Christians should have in all things.
- Butter - This dairy product is sometimes shaped in the figure of a lamb because Jesus is the Lamb of God.