Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP)
A Renewal Weekend For St. Gabriel The Archangel Catholic Community
We invite men and women who are seeking a difference in their lives for a weekend of renewal.
We will enjoy each other’s fellowship, explore the Gospel and how it impacts our lives, and pray for grace.
With renewed grace, we hope to impact our families and communities in a meaningful way. This is how Christ renews his parish.
What is a Christ Renews His Parish Retreat?
- It is a time to relax, pray, and rethink priorities.
- It is a time to get to know others in the parish and grow as a community.
- It is an opportunity to examine, rediscover, and /or intensify your personal relationship with Christ.
- It is a weekend of reflection and sharing of spiritual and real life issues.
- It is not a silent retreat, yet there are periods of quiet reflection and prayer.
- It is not a parish organization or clique
- It is not a solitary retreat, your participation makes the retreat a spiritual one for you and the other participants.
- You will not be required to speak in front of the group, however, your participation in the group discussion is a key to the retreat.
The retreat format involves short talks given by the Christ Renews His Parish team. Some examples of the talks that will be given are Fathers Loving Care, Scripture, Spirituality, and Christian Awareness. You will be in small groups to reflect upon those talks and how they may be relevant to your life and your spiritual growth.
"Let us be concerned for one another, to help one another to show love and to do good. Let us not give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another all the more, since you see that the Day of the Lord is coming nearer." Hebrews 10:25
The Renewal Weekend: A Description of a "Christ Renews His Parish" weekend
This is a two-day retreat unlike any you have previously attended. Parishioners share with one another the ways they have found meaning, hope, peace and love in their lives. The experience is personal, inspirational, and fulfilling. Many participants feel that the weekend experience has been among the most powerful and positive of their lives.
This is the perfect way to establish a stronger bond with your God and fellow parishioners. The atmosphere is casual and you will begin friendships that will last a lifetime. Many of your fellow parishioners, who have previously attended, will be happy to share their experience.
There are two sessions, one for men and the other for women. The two weekends are not mixed sessions and allow for a husband and wife to attend on the different weekends and still attend to family needs. Most participants are aged 25 and above.
Space is limited so early registration is advised.
This weekend is very similar to half time during a football game, where time has been set aside to rest, regroup, make midcourse adjustments, rethink strategies, refresh, and you ready yourself for a victorious 2nd half. The "Christ Renews His Parish" Weekend is a break from our busy schedule of personal, business and family obligations so that we can refresh ourselves spiritually and be ready for the rest of the game of life.
- Your weekend renewal begins at 8 AM Saturday and ends at 5 PM Sunday.
- Your renewal weekend is a facilitated but informal process so dress comfortably.
- It’s a free gift from the parish to just sit back and be served. Everything will be done for you!
- At most parishes there are two separate renewals in the fall and two in the spring.
- You will enjoy the companionship of fellow parishioners and make at least a dozen new friends.
- It is a relaxing time of quiet listening, shared experiences, and inspirational stories of God's joyful presence in our lives.
- Each weekend is unique and as special as the parishioners attending.
- The weekend allows you to slow down and gives Jesus time to visit with you. As a result you will have your spiritual "battery" recharged.
- Your hosts are the parishioners who attended the renewal prior to yours. You will be invited to host the next renewal.
- It’s not what you expect. It’s much better than that!
- Most participants can’t wait to volunteer to host and experience the next renewal weekend. Any future commitment is your choice and is not required.
- Jesus does not force Himself on anyone. He invites you through others...we are only the messengers. It’s up to YOU to accept His invitation to grow closer to Him.